The Cloud is…
generally used to describe data centres available over the Internet.
Cloud or Cloud computing underpins a vast number of services. That includes consumer services like Gmail or the cloud back-up of the photos on your smartphone, though to the services which allow large enterprises to host all their data and run all of their applications in the cloud. Netflix relies on cloud computing services to run its video streaming service and its other business systems too, and have a number of other organisations.
You most likely have OneDrive, a Cloud Application service by Microsoft on your mobile and smartphone too.
Simply put, cloud computing is the delivery of computing services—including servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence—over the Internet (“the cloud”) to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. You typically pay only for cloud services you use, helping you lower your operating costs, run your infrastructure more efficiently, and scale as your business needs change.
Join John Adewole as he soars into the clouds for this introductory workshop to show you that the cloud is “way of doing computing” and not a place.
The workshop will help boost your digital skills and confidence and you will learn how to manage and protect data, information and memory.
The workshop will be useful for both beginners and intermediate users.
In just over an hour we will cover:
– Virtualisation and The Cloud
– Why the Cloud is now essential and not just a buzzword
– Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud
We will discuss with examples:
– Client-Side Computing
– Housekeeping and Memory
– Enterprise Risk
We will evaluate popular service providers and Apps
– Cloud for Schools and SMEs
How will the live stream workshop be organised?
– The online class will be conducted via Zoom
– There is an on-demand version of the course for those that miss or can’t make it to Zoom
What you will get?
– Lifetime Access to the workshop’s recording
– The full workshop presentation deck
– Chance to Join the Q&A Live
– An eBook and Cloud wall poster for the classroom
Are you ready to take the course?
Please read the following instructions carefully.
- Fill in the form below and click on the black button labelled “send”
- Once you have sent your details to us the form will return blank
- Click on the yellow button labelled “Access the Course” to pay for the course and course resources
- You will be asked to subscribe. Kindly subscribe, as this can help us reduce unforeseen risks
- Check your inbox for how to access and join the course
Access the Course with the button below.
Other ways you can access the course 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
Benefits of using the Cloud for personal and small business
The workshop will help boost your digital skills and confidence and you will learn how to manage and protect data, information and memory. It will also help you save operational time and cost. Join John Adewole as he soars into the clouds for this introductory workshop to show you that the cloud is “way of doing computing” and not a place.