We have a vision of
This may be
- supporting English and Commonwealth communities with digital inclusion
- supporting community organisations to connect and report holistically
- supporting organisations and higher education institutions to access (digitally) excluded communities
- supporting organisations and higher education institutions to digitally upskill employees
- Conducting and transforming games-based research for digital inclusion in the real world
- Strategic partnerships with British Higher Education Institutions – one institution at a time
- Connecting British educators and classrooms with Nigerian educators and classrooms
- Digital Inclusion in Southwark and Portsmouth communities
- Positively magnify the voices of Black communities in Southwark through research participation
Why we do what we do
3.7 billion people are digitally excluded worldwide (ITU, 2020). Over 13 million people people in the UK lack the digital skills they need for work (Lloyds Consumer Digital Index, 2020).
A lack of digital skills and access can have a huge negative impact on a person’s life, leading to poorer health outcomes and a lower life expectancy, increased loneliness and social isolation, less access to jobs and education. The pandemic has catalysed technology-adoption maturity and a decline ushering in new AI (Artificial Intelligence). If the last two years have taught us anything, it’s how vital digital skills are to our wellbeing and safety and no individual, organisation, institution or government will escape the demand for new and improved products and services with the human at the core.